Mission and Vision
Our Vision Statement
“A church guided by the Holy Spirit with the ultimate aim of nurturing God’s love and hope even in the midst of these end-time challenges”
Our Mission Statement
To perpetuate the full gospel of Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:19,20), in the spirit and power of Pentecost (Acts 2:1-4,6, 13-28), through specific attention to and emphasis upon the centrality of God's Word, world evangelization, ministerial development, Christ discipleship, church growth, church planting, family enrichment, and servant leadership”
Our Core Values
The following ethos governs the operations and spiritual life of the NTCOGK community:
- Spiritual Discipline & Loyalty to God: - We believe in demonstrating our commitment to Christ through our practice of the spiritual disciplines; we will demonstrate our commitment to the body of Christ through our loyalty to God and commitment to His church; and we will demonstrate our commitment to the work of Christ through our being good stewards (Matthew 6:5-15; Luke 11:1-13; James 5:13-18).
- We believe in being Good Stewards: - In the Scriptures, the virtues of thrift and simplicity are honored, but the vices of waste and ostentation are solemnly prohibited (Isaiah 55:2; Matthew 6:19-23).
- We believe in Moral Purity: - We will engage in those activities which glorify God in our body and which avoid the fulfillment of the lust of the flesh. We will read, watch and listen to those things which are of positive benefit to our spiritual well-being. In this regard, we seek to; glorify god in our body by avoiding sinful practices ((Romans 12:1, 2; 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20; 10:31
- We believe in Personal Integrity: - We will live in a manner that inspires trust and confidence, bearing the fruit of the Spirit and seeking to manifest the character of Christ in all our behavior. To achieve this we uphold trust and confidence while believing in being trustworthy, dependable and a people of our word (Matthew 5:37; 1 Peter 2:11, 12).
- We believe in Modest Appearance: - We will demonstrate the scriptural principle of modesty by appearing and dressing in a manner that will enhance our Christian testimony and will avoid pride, elaborateness or sensuality. According to the Biblical idea, modesty is an inner spiritual grace that recoils from anything unseemly and impure, is chaste in thought and conduct, and is free from crudeness and indecency in dress and behavior (Ephesians 4:25, 29, 31; 5:1-8; 1 Timothy 2:9, 10).
- We believe in Family Responsibility: - We will give priority to fulfilling family responsibilities, to preserving the sanctity of marriage and to maintaining divine order in the home. We recognize the priority of the family. The family is the basic unit of human relationship and as such is foundational to both society and the church (Genesis 2:18-24).
- We uphold Behavioral Temperance: - We seek to practice temperance in behavior and will abstain from activities and attitudes which are offensive to our fellowman or which lead to addiction or enslavement. One of the cardinal Christian virtues is temperance or self-control (1 Corinthians 9:25; Titus 1:8; 2:2).
- Social Obligation: - We believe it should be our objective to fulfill our obligations to society by being good citizens, by correcting social injustices, and by protecting the sanctity of life. We emphasize on being good citizens knowing that we are members of the kingdom of God as well as social order of this world. Obedience to God requires us to act in a responsible manner as citizens of our country (Mark 12:13-17; Romans 13:1-7; 1 Peter 2:13-17).