1st Session: Qualifications for Sunday school teachers
- Discuss the Biblical leadership qualifications (1Tim. 3:-6; Ephesians 4:11).
- Do you need any qualifications or do you only need to be childish and available?
- Is being an SS the lowest ministry position in church?
- Are children important enough to be ministered to by people who are educated and committed?
- Is children ministry a calling or just a place to pass time as one awaits a more prestigious ministry?
- Explore on the current situation of children ministry in Gpc in terms of punctuality and commitment. How is the current participation? Do we arrive before or after children?
- Why are we not as attractive to children as we should and what can we do to improve on attendance?
- Children ministers must have the time to prepare before ministering to children. Discuss the importance of preparedness.
- Just as the pastors and other Godly spiritual leaders require time to prepare before ministering in their various assignments, so do children ministers
- Spiritual disciplines such as Daily reading of the word, prayer and fasting are important for all children ministries.
- Prepare for every season: Christmas, Easter and other relevant seasons.
- Have notes for every session
- Develop your library by investing in good books.
- Invest in a good bible with study notes, concordance and commentaries. Purchase a bible dictionary or buy a phone that has all these facilities.
- Be updated with current affairs in order to be effective and relevant to your listeners.
2ND Session: What is the importance of children ministry?
- Discuss the importance of children to :
- God ( John 3:16; Mark 10:13; John 1:10-11)
- Parents, the Church, Society, the State and to the World.
- They are fresh and ready to receive the word. They are like empty flash discs without any viruses.
- The have the potential to be any body and any thing in the world.
- They are full of years and the longer you take with them the stronger the foundation you build.
- When you minister to them, you get the same reward as those who minister to any one else.
- Discuss the importance of reaching the children early enough (Mark 10:13).
- What are the various ways of engaging with children in school to enable them commit their lives to Christ at an early age?
- What practical evangelistic and witnessing tools can we apply to ensure that all Tumaini children leave primary /High school with a BA (Born Again) certificate?
- Can we give pour selves personal targets of reaching the children one at a time with the objective of introducing them to Christ at a tender age and fooling them at home and at the church to ensure consistent testimony of salvation and daily growth?
- Discuss the TWO adults and a HALF principle and the Kenyan Evangelist Perception.
3RD Session: How to start and maintain a Vibrant Sunday school class.
- Explore various ways of child evangelism that are economical and relevant in the community.
- Discuss different ways of attracting children to church and how to make them stick.
- Explore ways of bringing parents to church and involve them in children activities.
- Discuss effective ways of following up children and parents in to their homes.
- Introduce a way of registering children and master roll.
- Device a visitation program
- Have all the children records like their home numbers, telephones, and birth days.
- Make friendships with the parents.
- Discuss how to effectively divide children according to age.
- Understand children psychology
- Discuss how to apply public speaking skill in communicating to children.
- Discuss various ways of communicating to children:
- Poems and memorization
- Competitions etc.
4TH Session: Leadership development
- Identify children with leadership potential and let them help you in various duties
- Discuss exciting ways of promoting children from one class to the next.
- Involve children in selecting the name of their group.
- Assign leadership roles and apply the “Moses” leadership style of delegation.